Links and resources on leadership, life design, entrepreneurship, and social entrepreneurship, curated by Gregg Vanourek (@gvanourek)
- Alignment: A Transformational Leadership Process. Alignment is essential to creating and sustaining high-performance teams.
- Book Club Discussion Guide for Triple Crown Leadership. Helpful for team-building, leadership development, and team alignment.
- Company Culture Resources. Examples from top organizations with culture codes, culture-building best practices, and related videos.
- Entrepreneurship Resources. Links to web sites, blogs, apps, and more re. startups and social enterprises, including info on ideation, business modeling, lean startups, financing, etc.
- Interviewing for Heart. Most people focus their interview questions on “head” matters like knowledge, skills, and experience. Triple crown leaders also probe for “heart” matters like character, emotional intelligence, and culture. Here are tips on how.
- Leadership Bookshelf. Recommended books not only leadership but also personal development, sustainability, entrepreneurship, and ethics.
- Personal Development Resources. Curated list of the best books, web sites, and podcasts related to personal development, personal growth, self leadership, and life design.
- Personal Values Exercise. Identify your personal values: what you believe and stand for, and your convictions about what is most important in life.
- Social Entrepreneurship Resources. List of the best books, organizations, funders, & platforms related to social enterprise and social entrepreneurship.
- Sweden Startups and Social Enterprise Resources. Web sites & resources on startups and social enterprises in Sweden and the Nordics, including startups, incubators, accelerators, funders, etc.
Leaders Speak Interview Series:
For our book, Triple Crown Leadership, we interviewed leaders in 61 organizations in 11 countries. Here are edited excerpts of many of those interviews:
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Thomas McCoy, Former EVP, Legal, Corporate, and Public Affairs: “Values-Based Leadership with an Indomitable Will”
- Baltimore City Schools, Dr. Andres Alonso, CEO: “Turning Around a School System”
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions, Mary Ann Tocio, President and COO: “Creating a Great Place to Work”
- Ch2m Hill: Nancy Tuor, Former Group President: “The Job of a Lifetime: Leading an Incredible Transformation”
- ChinaNetCloud: Steve Mushero, Co-Founder, CEO, and CTO: “Leading a Tech Startup in China”
- Clif Bar and Company: Kit Crawford, Co-Owner and Co-CEO: “Sustainable Leadership”
- DuPont Corporation: John Krol, former Chairman and CEO: “It Takes Teamwork, Trust, and Values to Win”
- Giraff Technologies: Stephen Von Rump, former CEO and Cofounder: “What’s Different About Leading Startups?”
- Greensburg GreenTown: Daniel Wallach, Founder and Executive Director: “Rebuilding Green After a Tornado”
- Institute for Enterprise Ethics: Dr. Daniel Sweeney, Director: “Breakdowns and Trans-Generational Culture”
- Mayo Clinic: Dr. Leonard Berry & Dr. Kent Seltman: “What Makes Mayo Clinic Great”
- Medtronic: Bill George, former CEO: “Translating Mission & Values into Results”
- MidCountry Financial Corporation: Robert Hatcher, President and CEO: “Building a Values-Based Company”
- North Castle Partners: Charles Baird, Managing Partner: “Value and Values”
- Perkins School for the Blind: Steven Rothstein, President: “A Tireless Focus on Excellence”
- Pitney Bowes: Michael Critelli, former Chairman and CEO: “Adaptable Leadership”
- Princeton University: Dr. Shirley Tilghman, President: “Leading a World-Class Institution”
- Quovadx: Harvey Wagner, former CEO: “Bending the Focus of a Company”
- The SEED Foundation: Eric Adler and Raj Vinnakota, Co-Founders: “Making It Work as Co-Founders”
- Share Our Strength: Bill Shore, Founder and Executive Director: “Leadership for Bold Social Impact”
- Strategic Air Command: General John Chain, former Commander in Chief: “Do What’s Right”
- Tyco International: Edward Breen, CEO, and Jack Krol, former Chairman: “Why Tyco Threw Out Its Entire Board”
- University of Denver: Dan Ritchie, former Chancellor: “Transforming a University”
- Vanguard Group: John Bogle, Founder: “Vanguard’s Values-Based Visionary”
- Xerox: Ursula Burns, CEO: “A Vision of Great Leadership”
- Zappos: Tony Hsieh, CEO: “Values and Culture Key to Success”