Hi there and welcome!
Gregg Vanourek is a writer, teacher, facilitator, and speaker on leadership and personal development.
Gregg was a tech startup executive at K12 Inc. (now a market leader with $1 billion in sales) and co-founded New Mountain Ventures (developing entrepreneurial leaders).
Gregg is co-author of three influential books, including LIFE Entrepreneurs (a clarion call for infusing our life with passion and purpose) and Triple Crown Leadership (a winner of the International Book Awards). His books, workshops, and talks are appreciated by thousands of people worldwide, many of whom have reinvented their life and work with Gregg’s tools as a guide. His writing has appeared in or been reviewed by Fast Company, BusinessWeek, U.S. News & World Report, New York Times, Entrepreneur, Inc., Harvard Business blogs, and more.
Gregg has given talks in many countries. His TEDx talk is a call to focus on discovering who we are and what we value most.
Having lived and worked in the U.S. and Europe, Gregg was Vice Director of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management Program at KTH-Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, and Vice Center Director for the award-winning Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship at KTH. He served as Chairman of the Board of SE Forum (a global social entrepreneurship accelerator) in Stockholm and on the board of the Vail Alliance and the Vail Leadership Institute.
He taught thousands of master’s and executive students over a decade at KTH-Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship, Stockholm Business School Executive MBA Program, and University of Denver.
Gregg graduated from the Yale School of Management (M.B.A.), London School of Economics and Political Science (M.Sc.), and Claremont McKenna College (B.A., magna cum laude), where he was an Academic All American soccer player. He lives near Denver, Colorado with his wife and daughters.
Check out Gregg’s new Leadership Derailers Assessment to identify what’s inhibiting your leadership effectiveness. He also has a new Traps Test (Common Traps of Living), Quality of Life Assessment, and Personal Values Exercise.
As featured by:
View Gregg’s TEDx Talk:
Gregg’s Top Blogs on Leadership:
- The Four Types of People in Any Organization (Beware the Fourth)
- The Importance of Judgment in Leadership
- The Art of Giving versus Taking Credit: A Primer
- Leaders, Do You Have Your People’s Backs?
- Ethical Decision-Making: Simple Tests
- How Good Leaders Handle Factions and Office Politics
- The Importance of Credibility in Leadership
Gregg’s Top Blogs on Personal Development:
- How to Stop Our Negative Self-Talk: 15 Practices
- The Power of Taking Full Responsibility for Our Lives
- Setting Boundaries–Why It’s So Hard and How to Do It
- Self-Deception–Why We Do It and How to Stop It
- The Perfectionism Trap–And How to Escape It
- The Power of Reframing to Change Our Outlook
- The Mental Prisons We Build for Ourselves
Leadership Derailers Assessment
Take this assessment to identify what’s inhibiting your leadership effectiveness. It will help you develop self-awareness and identify ways to improve your leadership.
• Triple Crown Leadership: Building Excellent, Ethical, and Enduring Organizations champions a better brand of leadership that builds excellent, ethical, and enduring organizations. It draws upon our own experience, research, and interviews with leaders in 61 organizations in 11 countries. This book was a winner of the International Book Awards and has been called “the best book on leadership since Good to Great.” Co-author: Bob Vanourek (my father and a five-time CEO).
• LIFE Entrepreneurs: Ordinary People Creating Extraordinary Lives is a clarion call for integrating our life and work with purpose and passion. It tells the stories of people who have reinvented themselves and infused their life and work with passion, and fulfillment. The book draws upon our own experiences and interviews with 55 remarkable people. Co-author: Christopher Gergen, a dynamic social entrepreneur and friend.
• Charter Schools in Action: Renewing Public Education outlines a bold vision for how to renew public education with the needs of children, families, and educators in mind. Co-authors: Chester E. Finn, Jr. and Bruno V. Manno.