Gregg Vanourek is a high-impact facilitator, speaker, and award-winning author training, teaching, and speaking on leadership and personal development.
He runs Gregg Vanourek LLC (a training and development venture) and teaches executive leadership programs as adjunct faculty at the University of Denver and Stockholm Business School Executive MBA Program, and Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship.
Gregg was a tech startup executive at K12 Inc. (now a market leader with $1 billion in sales) and co-founded New Mountain Ventures (developing entrepreneurial leaders).
Gregg is co-author of three influential books, including LIFE Entrepreneurs (a clarion call for infusing our life with passion and purpose) and Triple Crown Leadership (a winner of the International Book Awards). His books, workshops, and talks are appreciated by thousands of leaders, changemakers, career changers, and seekers, many of whom have reinvented their life and work with Gregg’s tools as a guide.
His writing has appeared in or been reviewed by Fast Company, BusinessWeek, U.S. News & World Report, New York Times, Entrepreneur, Inc., Harvard Business blogs, and more.
Gregg has given talks in many countries. His TEDx talk is a call to focus on discovering who we are and what we value so we can avoid the common traps of living and leading.
Having lived, worked, and studied in both the U.S. and Europe, Gregg was Vice Director of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management Program at KTH-Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, and Vice Center Director for the award-winning Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship at KTH.
He served as Chairman of the Board of SE Forum (a global social entrepreneurship accelerator) in Stockholm.
Gregg was a senior vice president at the Thomas B. Fordham Foundation (which he helped to launch), research fellow at the Hudson Institute (think tank), and board member of the Vail Leadership Institute.
Gregg graduated from the Yale School of Management (M.B.A.), London School of Economics and Political Science (M.Sc.), and Claremont McKenna College (B.A., magna cum laude), where he was an Academic All American soccer player.
He lives near Denver, Colorado with his wife and daughters.
Sign up for Gregg’s free email newsletter with articles, opportunities, and inspirations. Twitter: @gvanourek
As featured by:
View Gregg’s TEDx Talk:
Gregg’s Top Blogs on Leadership:
- “Ethical Decision-Making: Simple Tests for Leaders”
- “The Ethical Challenges Faced by New Leaders”
- “The 3 Questions Asked of Every Leader”
- “Synthesis: A Critical Leadership Skill”
- “Bucket Filler or Bucket Dipper?”
- “Leadership Lessons from The Lord of the Rings”
- “Leader, Manager, Follower: What’s the Difference? It’s Not as Simple as You Think”
Gregg’s Top Blogs on Personal Development:
- “The Mental Prisons We Build for Ourselves”
- “The Trap of Caring Too Much about What Others Think”
- “Do You Have Margin in Your Life?”
- “Tired of Settling? How to Light Your Life and Work on Fire”
- “Are You Playing the Long Game?”
- “The Comparison Trap”
- “10 Keys to Self Leadership”
• Triple Crown Leadership: Building Excellent, Ethical, and Enduring Organizations champions a better brand of leadership that builds excellent, ethical, and enduring organizations–ones that achieve exceptional positive impacts for their stakeholders, ethically and sustainably. It draws upon our own experience, extensive research, and interviews with leaders in 61 organizations in 11 countries. This book was a winner of the International Book Awards and has been called “the best book on leadership since Good to Great.” Co-author: Bob Vanourek (my father and a distinguished turnaround CEO, servant leader).
• LIFE Entrepreneurs: Ordinary People Creating Extraordinary Lives is a clarion call for integrating our life and work with purpose and passion. It tells the stories of people who have reinvented themselves and infused their life and work with passion, service, and fulfillment. The book draws upon our own experiences and interviews with 55 remarkable people. Co-author: Christopher Gergen, a dynamic social entrepreneur and friend.
• Charter Schools in Action: Renewing Public Education outlines a bold vision for how to renew public education with the needs of children, families, and educators in mind. It draws on interviews and site visits with hundreds of education entrepreneurs, leaders, and teachers and surveys of thousands of education stakeholders. Co-authors: Chester E. Finn, Jr. and Bruno V. Manno.