Gregg Vanourek is an author, teacher, facilitator, and speaker on leadership and personal development.
He runs Gregg Vanourek LLC (a training and development venture), co-founded the Vail Alliance for Purposeful Living, and teaches at the University of Denver and Stockholm Business School Executive MBA Program.
Gregg was a tech startup executive at K12 Inc. (now a market leader with $1 billion in sales) and co-founded New Mountain Ventures (developing entrepreneurial leaders).
Gregg is co-author of three influential books, including LIFE Entrepreneurs (a clarion call for infusing our life with passion and purpose) and Triple Crown Leadership (a winner of the International Book Awards). His books, workshops, and talks are appreciated by thousands of people worldwide, many of whom have reinvented their life and work with Gregg’s tools as a guide. His writing has appeared in or been reviewed by Fast Company, BusinessWeek, U.S. News & World Report, New York Times, Entrepreneur, Inc., Harvard Business blogs, and more.
Gregg has given talks in many countries. His TEDx talk is a call to focus on discovering who we are and what we value most.
Having lived and worked in the U.S. and Europe, Gregg was Vice Director of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management Program at KTH-Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, and Vice Center Director for the award-winning Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship at KTH. He served as Chairman of the Board of SE Forum (a global social entrepreneurship accelerator) in Stockholm.
Gregg was a senior vice president at the Thomas B. Fordham Foundation (which he helped to launch), research fellow at the Hudson Institute (think tank), and board member of the Vail Leadership Institute.
Gregg graduated from the Yale School of Management (M.B.A.), London School of Economics and Political Science (M.Sc.), and Claremont McKenna College (B.A., magna cum laude), where he was an Academic All American soccer player.
He lives near Denver, Colorado with his wife and daughters.
Sign up for Gregg’s free email newsletter with articles, opportunities, and inspirations. Twitter: @gvanourek
As featured by:
View Gregg’s TEDx Talk:
Gregg’s Top Blogs on Leadership:
- The Importance of Credibility in Leadership
- Great Leaders Develop People Intentionally
- How to Give Effective Feedback–A Communication Superpower
- Leading from Below
- The Essence of Entrepreneurship
- Why Conflict Is Good–And How to Manage It
- Synthesis: A Critical Leadership Skill
Gregg’s Top Blogs on Personal Development:
- The Mental Prisons We Build for Ourselves
- Do You Have Margin in Your Life?
- The Trap of Caring Too Much about What Others Think
- Tired of Settling? How to Light Your Life and Work on Fire
- 10 Keys to Self Leadership
- The Comparison Trap
• Triple Crown Leadership: Building Excellent, Ethical, and Enduring Organizations champions a better brand of leadership that builds excellent, ethical, and enduring organizations. It draws upon our own experience, research, and interviews with leaders in 61 organizations in 11 countries. This book was a winner of the International Book Awards and has been called “the best book on leadership since Good to Great.” Co-author: Bob Vanourek (my father and a five-time CEO).
• LIFE Entrepreneurs: Ordinary People Creating Extraordinary Lives is a clarion call for integrating our life and work with purpose and passion. It tells the stories of people who have reinvented themselves and infused their life and work with passion, and fulfillment. The book draws upon our own experiences and interviews with 55 remarkable people. Co-author: Christopher Gergen, a dynamic social entrepreneur and friend.
• Charter Schools in Action: Renewing Public Education outlines a bold vision for how to renew public education with the needs of children, families, and educators in mind. Co-authors: Chester E. Finn, Jr. and Bruno V. Manno.