Bob and Gregg Vanourek’s writings have been featured recently in Fast Company, American Management Association, Center for Creative Leadership, TLNT.com, CNBC, ThoughtLeaders, and other publications and blogs. They write their own blog and are regular bloggers for ASTD Workforce Development. See below for a list of articles and guest blogs by the authors, followed by their books and book chapters. (Click on Media & News for articles and reviews on Triple Crown Leadership.)
Articles & Guest Blogs by the Authors:
* “How to Select Winners”, CoBizMag, November 20, 2013
* “Achieving Excellent Results”, ASTD Workforce Blog, November 12, 2013
* “Hire and Promote for Heart”, ASTD Workforce Development Blog, October 22, 2013
* “Lead Yourself First”, CoBizMag, October 9, 2013
* Leading for the Long Term, ASTD Workforce Development Blog, October 1, 2013
* Financial Executives’ Leadership Role in Organizational Alignment, FinancialExecutive, September 2013
* ”The Extraordinary Power of Shared Values,” IMEX Insights, August 19, 2013
* “Leading Yourself First,” ASTD Workforce Development Blog, July 09, 2013
* “Audacious Leadership,” Colorado Biz, July 03, 2013
* “Integrity is Imperative for High-Performing Teams,” ASTD Workforce Development Blog, May 28, 2013
* “Achieving Excellent Results,” ASTD Workforce Development Blog, April 30, 2013
* “Stewards of the Culture and the Cash,” Business Edge, April 26, 2013
* “Leading Yourself First,” ASTD Workforce Development Blog, April 9, 2013
* “Troubled Team? Consider Granting Amnesty,” ASTD Workforce Development Blog, March 6, 2013
* “To Lead Others, Learn to Lead Yourself First,” Fast Company, February 1, 2013
* “Financial Executives as Leadership Stewards,” Financial Executive, January/February 2013 (subscription required)
* “Alignment: Transformational Leadership,” Leadership Excellence, October 2012 (posted with permission)
* “Do You Work for an Ethical Organization?” Inspiyr, October 9, 2012
* “The Legacy of Jim Burke (Johnson & Johnson),” Institute for Enterprise Ethics Blog, October 4, 2012 (co-authored with Dr. Dan Sweeney)
* “Is the Maverick at Your Company a Genius or a Jerk?” Fast Company, September 25, 2012
* “Chasing the Triple Crown (Interview with Bob and Gregg Vanourek),” Center for Creative Leadership Leading Effectively e-Newsletter, September 2012
* “Does Your Board Lead? (Interview with Bob and Gregg Vanourek),” ColoradoBiz, September 21, 2012
“Leadership Lessons from a Brazen Cheating Scandal,” Thomas B. Fordham Institute Education Gadfly Flypaper Blog, August 30, 2012
“Building Excellent, Ethical, and Enduring Organizations,” Enterprising Educator (Education Industry Association), August 28, 2012
“Are Your Colors Bright? Leadership Lessons on Purpose, Values, and Vision,” BrightFarms, August 27, 2012
“From Bold to Bounced–Lessons from the Fall of GM’s Marketing Chief,” Communications Professional Resources Online (CommPRO.biz), August 21, 2012
“The Triple Crown Quest–Excellent, Ethical, Enduring,” Training, August 16, 2012
“Triple Crown Leadership,” LeadershipNow, August 14, 2012
“In Search of ‘Triple Crown Leadership,’” CNBC Bullish on Books, August 10, 2012
“How Alignment Can Make Your Organization Flow,” ThoughtLeaders, August 8, 2012
“Triple Crown Leadership: Building Excellent, Ethical, and Enduring Organizations,” American Management Association (AMA) Newsletter, August 2, 2012
“Why Leaders Need to Focus on the Whole Stable–Not Just One Horse,“ TLNT.com: The Business of HR, August 2, 2012
“Tilts” (excerpt from Triple Crown Leadership), Quick-Take, August 1, 2012
“Vail Valley Voices: What Is Triple Crown Leadership?” Vail Daily, July 18, 2012
“Keys to Great Leadership: It’s About Using Your Head–and Your Heart,” TLNT.com: The Business of HR, July 11, 2012
“It’s Not Just a ‘Team Effort,’” Sources of Insight, July 11, 2012
“6 Crucial Keys Every Startup Has to Find a Fit For,” Fast Company, July 10, 2012 (excerpted from Triple Crown Leadership with permission from the publisher)
“Leaders Need Sanctuary,” McGraw-Hill Business Blog, June 14, 2012
“Built-to-Last Startups,” Overdrive (blog of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization), May 25, 2012
“The Power of Leadership Trustees,” People and Strategy, October 2010
“The False Search for Great Leaders,” Leader to Leader, Summer 2009
Bob Vanourek and Gregg Vanourek, Triple Crown Leadership: Building Excellent, Ethical, and Enduring Organizations (McGraw-Hill, 2012). The book is a 2013 International Book Awards winner in the Business: General category and a 2012 USA Book Awards finalist in the Business: Management & Leadership category.
Gregg Vanourek and Christopher Gergen, Life Entrepreneurs: Ordinary People Creating Extraordinary Lives (Jossey-Bass, 2008)
Gregg Vanourek, Chester E. Finn, Jr., and Bruno V. Manno, Charter Schools in Action: Renewing Public Education (Princeton University Press, 2000)
Bob Vanourek and Gregg Vanourek, “Stewards Build Trust,” Barbara Brooks Kimmel, editor, Trust, Inc.: Strategies for Building Your Company’s Most Valuable Asset, Next Decade, Inc., November 1, 2013.
Bob Vanourek, “A Call for Values-Based Leadership,” James O’Toole and Don Mayer, editors, Good Business: Exercising Effective and Ethical Leadership, Routledge, 2009.
Gregg Vanourek and Christopher Gergen, “Dynamic Organizations for an Entrepreneurial Age,” in Organization of the Future 2: Visions, Strategies, and Insights on Managing in a New Era (San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Leader to Leader Institute/Drucker Foundation, 2009).
Gregg Vanourek and Christopher Gergen, “Talent Development: Looking Outside the Education Sector,” in The Future of Educational Entrepreneurship, American Enterprise Institute (Cambridge: Harvard Education Press, 2009).
Gregg Vanourek and Chester E. Finn, Jr., “Lessons from the U.S. Experience with Charter Schools,” in Harry Anthony Patrinos and Shobhana Sosale, editors, Mobilizing the Private Sector for Public Education: A View from the Trenches (Washington, D.C.: World Bank, 2007).
Bob Vanourek, “Servant Leadership and the Future,” Larry Spears, editor, Reflections on Leadership, John Wiley & Sons, 1995.
Today we see too many leadership failures, too many leadership breakdowns and scandals. We need leadership that can build excellent, ethical, and enduring organizations. We need triple crown leadership.
Triple Crown Leadership is a Winner of the 2013 International Book Awards in the “Business: General” category.
Bob Vanourek has been named one of the Top 100 Thought Leaders in Trustworthy Business Behavior by Trust Across America.
The book was also an “Award-Winning Finalist” in the 2012 USA Best Book Awards (in the Business: Management & Leadership category), sponsored by USA Book News (the premier online magazine and review site for mainstream and independent publishing houses).
Connect: Click on the links below to buy the book and connect with us on Twitter and Facebook. Enter your email in the bottom right to sign up for our e-newsletter. We look forward to connecting with you.